Simple Turkey Chili
"This is a very simple and hearty chili with plenty of flavor. It's even better the second day! I serve this with lowfat Cheddar cheese and lowfat sour cream. It's also delicious with crackers."
* 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 pound ground turkey
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 cups water
* 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
* 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
* 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
2. Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 198 | Total Fat: 7.2g | Cholesterol: 42mg