* 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
* 1 clove garlic, peeled
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a small bowl.
When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.
Nutritional Analysis: 1/3 cup equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.