Chilled Strawberry Soup with Mint
* 1 cup unsweetened cold apple juice
* 2 bags (16 oz. each) frozen strawberries, thawed
* 2-4 Tbsp. honey, to taste
* 1⁄4 cup fresh chopped mint
* 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
* 4 ginger snaps, crumbled, for garnish (optional)
In blender, purée juice and strawberries with their liquid. With blender running, drizzle in honey to taste. Add mint and purée 1 more minute. Strain soup through mesh strainer to remove seeds. Chill, pour into individual bowls and top with yogurt and crumbled ginger snaps, if desired, before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 169 calories, 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 42 g carbohydrate,
2 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber, 23 mg sodium.