Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
* 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
* 1-1/3 cups water
* 1/2 cup canola oil
* 3 eggs
* 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
* 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
* In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
* Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Spoon a rounded teaspoon of pie filling onto the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside.
* Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* Frost cupcakes; top with one cherry from pie filling. Serve additional pie filling with cupcakes or refrigerate for another use. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.