Thick sweet and sour sauce for dipping
* ½ cup of chicken stock
* 4 tbsp of white vinegar
* 4 tbsp of brown sugar
* 2 tbsp of soy sauce
* 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup
* 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp of water
1. Mix the cornstarch together with the water until fully dissolved. Set aside.
2. Place the remaining ingredients into a saucepan.
3. Mix together and heat over a medium flame. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
4. Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat and add the cornstarch mixture whilst stirring continuously.
5. Continue to simmer for several minutes until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve with deep-fried prawns, chicken or pork balls in batter.