This pretzel salad is always a hit. Take this salad to a potluck supper or serve at a special family meal or holiday dinner.
* 2 cups crushed hard pretzels
* 3/4 cup melted butter or margarine
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
* 2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
* 1 package (6 oz) strawberry gelatin
* 1 package (10 oz) frozen strawberries, thawed
* 2 cups boiling water
* 1 cup sugar
Mix together the crushed pretzels, butter or margarine, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Put into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes. Mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and whipped topping. Mix gelatin into boiling water, then add frozen strawberries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Serves 10 to 12.