Deceptively Delicious Recipes - Blueberry Lemon Muffins
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 1/2 cup firmly packed light/dark brown sugar
* 4 tbsp margarine, chilled
* 1 cup lemon low fat yogurt
* 1 cup blueberries
* 1/2 cup yellow squash puree
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 2 tsp pure lemon extract
* 1 tsp grated lemon zest
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
* In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the margarine with a wooden spoon. Stir in the yogurt, blueberries, yellow squash puree, egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
* Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir just to combine, but do not over mix - the batter is supposed to be lumpy.
* Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center, 13 to 16 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a rack to cool.
* Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or wrap individually and freeze up to 1 month.
Number of Servings: 12