Breakfast Mini Pizzas
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 2 tablespoons prepared marinara sauce
* 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
* 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
* 2 slices pepperoni (optional)
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven broiler.
2. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg and cook, stirring often, until set into soft curds, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread marinara sauce on English muffin halves. Top with the scrambled egg, cheese and pepperoni (if using). Broil until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 3 g mono); 223 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 5 g fiber; 598 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (28% daily value), Iron (16% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 high fat meat