Easy Apple Cake
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups diced apples
1 cup chopped dates rolled in flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon with a wire whisk and set aside.
* Combine sugar and oil using a mixer until blended.
* Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
* Add flour mixture and mix well.
* Stir in nuts, dates and apples. The batter will be very thick.
* Pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
* Cool cake and using a skewer, poke holes in cake.
* Cook topping ingredients on stove until mixture bubbles.
* Pour topping over cake letting some (ha… more if you like) seep into the cake.