White Chocolate Macadamia Cupcakes
by the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Yield: Makes 20 cupcakes
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
1 package (4-serving size) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 container (16 ounces) white frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 20 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with paper liners.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, beating in pudding mix with cake mix ingredients. Fold in nuts. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, spread coconut evenly on ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350°F 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Cool completely.
4. Place white chocolate chips in small microwavable bowl; microwave 2 minutes on MEDIUM (50%), stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly before stirring into frosting.
5. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with toasted coconut.