Chocolate-Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
by the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Yield: Makes 18 cupcakes
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is pretty hard to beat!
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup creamy or chunky reduced-fat peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups milk
Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting (recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with foil baking cups.
2. Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth; beat in sugars until well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched and toothpicks inserted in centers come out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to racks; cool completely.
5. Prepare Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting. Frost each cupcake with about 1-1/2 tablespoons frosting. Garnish as desired.
Tip If you don't have muffin pans, don't worry. Foil baking cups are sturdy enough to be used without muffin pans; simply place the baking cups on a baking sheet and fill.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting
Yield: Makes about 2-1/2 cups frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 to 5 tablespoons milk, divided
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1. Combine powdered sugar, cocoa, 4 tablespoons milk and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until smooth, scraping bowl frequently. Beat in additional 1 tablespoon milk until of desired spreading consistency.