Kneaders Pumpkin Pie Jack-o-lantern
by: Tami Vincent- Kneaders Bakery
1 (9") unbaked deep dish pie crust
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
¾ cup white sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 (15 oz) can 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
4. Create a stencil. Eyes and a mouth for a Jack-o-lantern. Place the stencil over the unbaked pie crust and cut around them.
5. Place the cutouts on a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
6. Place cutouts on Pie.