BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST BARS
1 pound (4 ounces) All purpose flour
1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce)Baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons (1/4 ounce) salt
1/2 Stick margarine or butter, softened
2 c.Granulated sugar
2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
8 oz Low fat milk
10 ounces Quick cooking oats
1 lb. Frozen, unsweetened blueberries
12 oz. Corn/rice cereal squares, coarsely crushed
1. Have all ingredients at room temperature
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Place margarine and sugar in mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
5. Add milk, flour mixture, and oats; beat until blended, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
6. Stir in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
7. Spread evenly in a greased 18 x 26 inch pan.
8. Sprinkle cereal over top.
9. Bake at 350° F until golden brown and tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut in pan in 2-inch squares or 1-1/2 x 3-inch bars.
Yield: about 117 bars