Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
Soft sweet Hawaiian Dinner Rolls. Delicious and easy to make with step by step directions with photos.Yield: 16 Rolls
Calories per serving: 175Ingredients
Fat per serving: 6
Fat per serving: 6
- 1/4 cup Milk, Warmed Under 110 degrees.
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast Or 1 Packet
- 20 ounce Canned Crushed Pineapple
- 2 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Plus up to additional 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Additional Butter For Greasing Bowl, Pans and Buttering Tops Of Rolls
- Butter a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Place milk, melted butter, brown sugar and yeast in a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix ingredients until well combined. Allow mixture to sit for about 5-7 minutes until bubbly.
- Mean while stain crushed pineapple reserving 2/3 cup pineapple juice and 1/3 cup crushed pineapple.
- Add the 2/3 cup pineapple juice and 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple and egg to yeast mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add 4 cups flour and sprinkle salt evenly over the top of dough. Knead dough on medium-low until most of the flour has been absorbed.
- Turn mixer to medium speed and mix until dough is soft but no longer sticky about 5 minutes. If dough is sticky add an additional 1 tablespoon of flour at a time up to 1/4 cup until dough is soft and smooth.
- Place dough in a buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and place in a warm draft free area. Allow to double in size about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Butter a 9"x13" pan and a 8" round cake pan, set aside.
- Gently remove risen dough from bowl and divide in half. Divide each half into 8 pieces.
- Gently form each piece of dough into a smooth ball by pulling edges under and pinching. Place 12 rolls evenly spaced in 9"x13" pan and 4 rolls in cake pan. Cover rolls with plastic wrap or a damp towel.
- At this point rolls can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Remove from refrigerator 1-1 1/2 hours before baking and allow to double in size.
- If cooking immediately allow rolls to double in size in a warm draft free area about 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush hot rolls with butter and allow to cool.
- Store rolls in an airtight container.